Friday, January 20, 2012

Make Them Remember You

In honor of the beginning of the semester here, I would like to take a little time to talk about a crucial part of the first day of classes...First impressions are essential in our world today. Whether you are applying for a job, or meeting new people, you want to be memorable. Despite how corny I sound, I say, whole-heartedly, that confidence is indeed key. What better way to feel a bit better about yourself than having a great outfit? I know all you fashion lovers out there understand me when I say that the day is a little brighter and much more enjoyable when wearing that new shirt you purchased over the weekend, or maybe even rummaging through your mother's closet and donning a vintage look for the first time.


For my first day outfit, I picked out a two new items that I thrifted over my winter break. The sweater is Tyrolia By Head and the woolen shorts are from Old Navy. Tights by Worthington and Dr. Marten boots with Air Custom Soles. Notice how I balanced out the graphic print of the sweater by playing out dark colors on the bottom half of my outfit. I layered the knee high socks over my tights to both accomodate for the cold weather along with adding a little sexy lace pattern into the equation. I picked the boots so the chunky nature matched my slightly oversized sweater.

Don't know what to do for your first day? Experiment!! Don't be afraid to try something a little different. Through experimentation you will be able to define your own unique style that makes you feel pretty and confident. Pair a girly dress with ripped tights and a leather jacket to rock the "girly biker chic" look. Pair it with some kick- ass wedge boot heels to complete the look.


No comments:

Post a Comment